Global Material Manager
Would you like the opportunity to work closely with high-performing and friendly team of Material Supply Management experts in Hong Kong?
Do you thrive in an environment which values autonomy, ownership, and mutual respect？
Jabra HK is currently on a look out for an exceptional openminded, devoted and hardworking team member in their Global Material Management team.
You will get your hand on the following exciting tasks:
GMM is responsible for securing material availability with approved Tier-2 suppliers meeting GNA demand, working hand in hand with Global Sourcing team, VMI team, Material Project Management team and other relevant stakeholders. GMM is responsible for material readiness for the whole product lifecycle, including all builds (Proto, Alpha, Beta, Pilot + MP) and material buffer.
- Facilitate and drive material readiness for all NPI and MP finished goods with Tier-1s (join forces with MPM team) and Tier-2s (join forces with Global Sourcing team).
- Own material forecast with Tier-1s prior to Rapid Response set up
- Collect material forecast from Tier-1s, pass onto Tier-2s and check OPOs weekly
- Weekly material forecast waterfall reports
- Monitor and counter-check Tier-1 PO coverage against material lead-time with Tier-2s weekly.
- Act as GN material shortage escalation contact point to Tier-1s and MPM team and work with Tier-2s on material shortage proactively.
- Take part in Commodity team and help to form the correct sourcing strategies in respect to material supply area
- Review and determine material supply mode quarterly
- Cross functional material meetings including Commodity team, VMI team, Material Project Management team and other relevant stakeholders
- Monitor Tier-1s complying GNA’s AVLs and split instruction monthly.
- Analyse Tier-2 production and tooling capacity against GN forecast monthly and ad hoc basis for any urgent demand uplift
- Work with Tier-1s and Tier-2s on supply and inventory impact to reduce excess material cost upon ECO/ECR/EOL/Obsolete life cycle by part and/or model (join forces with E&O Management team)
- Develop and monitor Tier-2 fulfilment and monthly KPI score card and review with Tier-2s quarterly
- Support and back up other GMM members
- Travel as needed
A strong analytical and detail minded individual, we imagine the following sounds like you:
- Solid Materials and Procurement background with at least 3 -5 years of experience
- Excellent communication skills and cultural awareness.
- Excellent English and Chinese skills (spoken and written) are an absolute requirement
- Display very strong sense of Drive and Ambition while simultaneously being Humble and Pragmatic
- Proven track record in developing, maintaining, and building relationships with external suppliers
- Detailed oriented with capability of handling and understanding large amounts of data
- Bachelor degree in Materials Management or related Supply Chain Management
- Certification in related Material/Inventory/Production Management is a plus
- Experience with Agile, Rapid Response, PowerBI is a plus
Please Join Us to Make the World Sounds Better!