Exciting ESG Business Partner & Controller position in international and growing, 6 billion EUR company with high sustainability ambitions
STARK Group is a leading Northern European retailer and distributor of heavy building materials. We have more than doubled our size over the past three years through organic growth and strategic acquisitions. We have high sustainability ambitions and are committed to meeting our approved Science Based Targets and the emerging requirements of the CSRD.
Do you want to be part of building a more sustainable future? Join our Group Finance team in STARK Group where you will play a key part in developing and strengthening our ESG reporting processes, documentation, and ESG data quality to meet external audit requirements at the same level as financial audits - and support the ambition to lift our sustainability reporting to the next level.
STARK Group was recently awarded winner of FSR – Danish Auditors CSR award 2022 for best Sustainability Report by a large Danish unlisted company.
Core job content
- Implement a new ESG data reporting system in our Group Finance Department in close collaboration with Group Head of Sustainability.
- Drive continuous improvements to streamline ESG data collection, management, and consolidated reporting.
- Ensure detailed quality control of the accuracy, completeness, and consistency of ESG data according to defined accounting standards.
- Be part of the ESG management reporting process to Group and business unit management.
- Support local business unit ESG data owners in improving reporting quality and reporting infrastructure.
- Support ad-hoc tasks such as integration of acquired companies, preparation of material for board and audit committee etc.
- Driving assurance activities with third-party assurers on ESG-indicators.
- Supporting the creation of STARK Group’s annual Sustainability Report with relevant and aggregated ESG data.
What we offer
- International ESG data controller/specialist position in a growing company with high sustainability ambitions and standards and a large variety of tasks around reporting and controlling, acquisitions and integration and best practice sharing.
- Great team of engaged colleagues working in a flexible work environment.
- Travels and interactions with local business unit sustainability and finance teams.
- Closeness to top management and decision making.
- Attractive compensation package with bonus component.
- New offices at Frederiksberg, Copenhagen, with dedicated parking spaces (and chargers), canteen and right next to metro/public transportation.
Who are we looking for
- You have a passion for ESG data and thrive working with an international angle.
- You are motivated by both the reporting and controlling activities but also find the development aspects and best practice sharing elements interesting.
- You feel at home in a casual but professional work environment and have a positive mindset.
- You have a sense of responsibility for your work that supports our flexible working conditions.
- You have a relevant educational background in accounting, finance, business administration, ESG or similar preferably at a master’s level.
- You are proficient in Excel and have a general flair for IT systems.
- You speak and write Danish fluently and speak and write English on a business level.
- Previous experience with controlling or sustainability standards as GHG protocol, GRI, NFRD/CSRD, EU Taxonomy will have an added advantage.
- You could be an auditor with 3-5 years’ experience looking for a new opportunity outside auditing or you could have 3-5 years’ experience from a similar role.
For questions please reach out to Louise Askær-Hune at LA@starkgroup.dk We continously review job applications and look forward to receiving yours no later than 4 December, 2022.