Why work at Audigy?
Everyone who works at Audigy has a direct impact on the company. The list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time to tackle them, and the community culture fosters continuous improvement.
Pay $19/hour-$21/hour, DOE
Our Benefits Include:
- 401k w/company match
- Parental/Family Leave w/transition back to work
- Remote working environment with occasional team meetings
- Top technology platforms for easy remote access
- Day Care Flexible Spending Account
- And more…
The Billing Assistant is responsible for providing support for verification of benefits, gathering charge information, data entry to complete billing process, electronic claim submission, follow-up and distributing billing information. Working under limited supervision, this individual performs a variety of tasks and duties aimed at optimizing and maintaining the efficiency of daily operations within the billing process. As a representative of the Audigy team, the successful incumbent will display a high degree of professionalism and personal initiative.
This position is responsible for:
- Researches all information needed to complete billing process.
- Submit insurance claims on CMS 1500, utilizing various payor portals and clearinghouses
- Follows-up with insurance companies and ensures claims are paid/processed.
- Resubmits insurance claims that have received no response, are not on file, or have been denied.
- Works with other staff to follow-up on accounts until zero balance.
- Maintains required billing records, reports, files.
- Answers telephone, screens call, takes messages, and provides billing information.
- Participates in educational activities.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Covers for other office functions as requested.
- Perform other related duties as directed or assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Preferred experience in medical billing.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic knowledge of insurance industry.
- Must demonstrate excellent written, verbal communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Maintain a positive professional attitude and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize work and made decisions under pressure.
Audigy is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Women, minorities, veterans, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in working with an organization that offers a rewarding mission and an outstanding working environment, please apply to: #LI-Audigy