Position: Territory Sales Manager
Reports to Title: Regional Sales Director
Department/Division: Outside Sales
Primary Work Location: Indiana
Must be located in Indiana
Job Code/Classification: Salary, Exempt
Revision Date: January 2020
The primary function is to achieve sales growth and net hearing instrument sales while building, growing and maintaining customer relationships.
Essential Functions (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Achieving their net hearing instrument sales quota on both a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Building and maintaining customer relationships as a means of growing current customer's business i.e., monthly net dollar sales, as well as identifying customer service issues, such as, remake and repair issues, turn around times; lowering return for credit rates and gathering new competitive information.
- Preparing an annual territory business plan. The plan should be reviewed and updated quarterly with regional director and inside sales counter part. Plan should include:
● Sales growth that coincides with corporate goals.
● Appropriate zoning of customer base in region
- Work effectively with inside sales in prospecting, developing and recruiting new customers each month.
- Successfully introducing and establishing new products to both existing customers and new customers.
- Coordinate Training customers to fit all of GN Resound’s hearing devices using GN ReSound‘s software based programs. Providing GN ReSound software and hardware support to existing accounts as needed.
- Developing effective communication/platform presentation skills in order to convincingly present/sell GN Resound’s technology story to both to individual customers and large groups of customers.
- Utilize marketing tools and programs in conjunction with open houses to build customers business and loyalty to GN Resound.
- Maintain the accuracy of the GN ReSound customer data base in their individual regions
- Completing appropriate sales and corporate reporting requirements in a timely fashion
- Maintaining proper professional standards of behavior and decorum as a representative of the company when communicating with customers, coworkers and representing GN Resound at national, regional and state professional meetings.
- Must be located in Indiana
Competencies (Knowledge and Skills needed for this position.)
- Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient using Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access.
- Must have experience with database management Follow the HR policy including all company and department policies and procedures.
- Exemplary platform skills.
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal and / or communicated by management.
- Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected periods and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Follow good safety practices in all activities.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete position responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Safeguard sensitive and confidential Company information.
Required Education (if necessary):
4-year college degree
Experience (if necessary):
- 3+ years in outside sales selling a tangible product, preferred
- 3+ years Business to Business selling experience (non-retail) preferred
Travel (if necessary):
- Ability to travel up to 75%
Direct reports: None
Indirect reports: None
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.