Gorillas is shaping the future of on-demand retail from the ground up. In less than one year we have evolved from a single warehouse in Berlin to a growing global crew operating our hyperlocal model in 9 countries (with more on the way). Our rider crew makes magic happen on the daily, delivering groceries to your door in just 10 minutes.
Our DNA is rooted in a love for cycling and a desire to create change, and we’re proud to foster an environment where authenticity is celebrated and boldness is encouraged. True to our need for speed, in March 2021 we became Germany’s fastest-ever unicorn company with a $1bn valuation and €305m total funding raised. As one of Europe’s most talked about startups, we are bringing true digital disruption to the supermarket space and seeking talented individuals to join us in building something extraordinary.
- You will lead & develop a team taking care of the warehouse operations while assisting with tasks as necessary
- You will act as the first point of contact in warehouse manager absence
- You will assist the warehouse manager and make sure that processes are implemented correctly
- You will be responsible for strategic demand planning & inventory accuracy of your warehouse
- You will assist with creating rotas, recording sickness, holidays, etc
- You will be responsible for incoming shipments & communication within your team
- You will ensure optimal product quality and high customer satisfaction
- You will work together with our procurement department and rider managers
- You will manage riders and pick & packers in your warehouse
- You will be involved in ad-hoc projects where required
- You have worked in a professional role in a similar environment (FMCG/Retail experience is a big plus)
- You have gained first experience in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong operations management skills
- Ideally you will have some facilities management experience
- You have a hands-on mentality and are willing to get your hands dirty
- You will have strong interpersonal skills, able to lead a team independently (conflict resolution)
- You have very good communication skills and a high proficiency in both written and spoken English, other languages are a plus
- You are willing to make Gorillas your mission and are ready to work hard to make this business a success
What we offer:
- Steep learning curve from day one
- Great opportunity to build something you are proud of: we are growing fast, which means that the opportunities at Gorillas are virtually limitless.
- An awesome team spirit and an exciting workplace with a dynamic and international environment.
- Transparent company culture with flat hierarchies & a potential long-term engagement.
Gorillas is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.