Reports to Title: Credit and Collection Supervisor
Department/Division: Accounts Receivable/Finance
Primary Work Location: Bloomington, MN
Job Code/Classification: Non-Exempt
Under minimal supervision, this position provides collection services by verifying customer’s payments and communicating with customers on regular basis in order to effectively collect and secure payment while providing excellent customer service.
Essential Functions (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Confer with customers by telephone to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts and advise on necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment.
- Research unapplied payments, account reconciliation
- Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers' financial situations and record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
- Processing and applying payments to customer accounts.
- Effectively answer and resolve customer issues using excellent customer service and decision making skills.
- Display a willingness and ability to adapt to changing business conditions and customer requirements enabling ReSound and its customers to achieve or maintain mutually beneficial business partnership.
- Deliver prompt and high quality service to all external and internal ReSound customers; maintain and build on current relationships with customers.
- Assist with mailing monthly statements in the Bloomington office location
Competencies (Knowledge and Skills needed for this position.)
- Follow the HR policy including all company and department policies and procedures.
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal and / or communicated by management.
- Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Follow good safety practices in all activities.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete position responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Safeguard sensitive and confidential Company information.
- Clear and strong communication skills
- Superior customer service skills.
- Willingness to work both individually and as part of a team to help ensure customer and company success.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of duties tasks timely and effectively.
- Direct experience and proficiency utilizing Microsoft office products and other computerized accounting tools.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent education required.
- 1-2 years successful experience working in Business or Business Collections or Accounts Receivable Department
- Experience with Navision.
Direct reports: N/A
Indirect reports: N/A
Working Environment: Hybrid, Combination of Office and Remote Work
Physical Demands: Sitting, Standing, Typing,
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: Monday – Friday standard business hours. Hours may vary.