The Line Lead (Shipping) is a key position within the Shipping team which will be overseeing and supporting the shipping team. Primary focuses include quality, compliance, turnaround time, efficiency, cost, and employee support.
Team members must demonstrate the operations’ core values each and every day. Operation’s core values are:
Essential Functions (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Conduct incoming quality check audits.
- Evaluate incoming orders and feed the line for a steady workflow.
- Reviews and analyzes hour-by-hour metrics and WIP determines headcount adjustments and executes plans across all operations daily.
- Tracks key metrics such as WIP, productivity, efficiency, delivery, and quality. Identifies and implements improvements.
- Assists in communicating, educating, and understanding methods, processes, and changes to line operations.
- Continuously identify and support opportunities to improve the overall success of operations.
- Educate line operators on how to properly understand and execute WI’s and SOP’s to meet compliance expectations.
- Work within a team and with other teams to improve processes.
- Ensure each workstation has all the supplies and tools needed at all times.
- Read, comprehend, and adhere to written work instructions, SOP’s, etc.
- Accomplish other duties as required.
Competencies (Knowledge and Skills needed for this position.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Read, Write, and Speaks English
- Basic computer experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Support NPI Activities on the production line when necessary.
- Serve as a technical resource to line operators.
- Competent team-building skills, acting as a coach, mentor, and teacher.
- Lead by example by following documented guidelines, procedures, and processes.
- Ability to adapt to/work in a dynamic workplace environment.
- Hearing Aid Manufacturing experience.
- Prior experience as an operator for the specific line
- Prior training experience
- Knowledge of a variety of hearing aid operational rolls
- Familiarity with ISO standards/FDA regulations
Our facility is in Bloomington, MN. The position will be working in the Operations area.
Able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
Able to up lift 25 pounds by self and up to 50+ pounds with a team lift. (i.e. Sitting, standing, lifting, bending, reaching, etc.)
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position working Monday – Friday. The daily hours are 8-10 hours per day.
Ability to work occasional weekends and holidays
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.