Position: Audiology Fitting Support Advisor
Reports to Title: Manager, Audiology Fitting Support
Department/Division: Technical Support Services
Primary Work Location: Bloomington, MN
Job Code/Classification: Salary; Exempt
To provide audiological and technical support to customers through hearing aid fitting assistance and providing product information and troubleshooting assistance for current and discontinued product lines and multiple software platforms.
Essential Functions (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Technical support for current and discontinued product lines including answering hearing aid fitting questions, providing product information and troubleshooting assistance, and solving software/hardware issues on multiple software platforms using varied programming interfaces.
- Interaction with Customer Service, Quality Engineering, Product Management, Research and Development, Software Engineering and Sales to ensure quality and customer satisfaction.
- Report software and product discrepancies to local Product Management. In conjunction with Product Management, escalate any discrepancies to Global Audiology, Software Engineering, Research & development or Quality Engineering, and assist in resolving such matters.
- In conjunction with local training teams and product management, conduct internal product and software training.
- Work as member of Sales/Training/Customer Service/Technical Support team to optimize sales efforts.
- Document customer interactions in systems designated by the company.
- Act as audiologic support and training resource for internal and external customers when needed.
- Maintain current knowledge through continuing education regarding audiologic, amplification and computer hardware/software issues.
- Complete all product related training as directed by technical support management to stay current on new product releases across channels.
- Short-term technical projects.
Competencies (Knowledge and Skills needed for this position.)
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong fitting and dispensing skills
- Excellent organizational skills with careful attention to detail and timely follow-through
- Demonstrated troubleshooting ability and creative thinking strategies
- Ability to cover and shift between a multitude of tasks
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite and computer skills
- Follow all company and department policies and procedures.
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal and / or communicated by management.
- Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Follow good safety practices in all activities.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete position responsibilities.
- Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Safeguard sensitive and confidential Company information.
Required Education (if necessary):
- Masters or Doctoral degree in Audiology
- State Licensure, CCC-A, or equivalent
- 2 + yrs experience in clinical Audiology and Hearing Instrument Dispensing
- Experience with GN products preferred
- Hearing aid manufacturing and/or industry experience preferred
Travel (if necessary):
Working Environment: Home Office or Open Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, Typing, Phone
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: Full-time, eight hours a day, five days a week
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.