Position: Requirement Manager
Reports to Title: Director of Application Development
Department/Division: Software Development
Primary Work Location: Remote position but must be located in US
Job Code/Classification: Exempt
Primary responsibility of the Requirements Manager is to create a highly automated environment for delivering industry-leading software applications through documenting, analyzing, prioritizing, and agreeing on requirements for the engineering team.
Essential Functions (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Conducting functional/operational analysis to identify key system requirements and dependencies.
- Defining the system of interest, including system boundaries, inputs, and outputs.
- Document system context and interfaces as high level requirements.
- Writing and reviewing requirements as well as maintaining the requirements in our requirement systems cross platform.
- Participating in scope discussions and driving the requirements elicitation process, leading from user needs, business needs, and regulatory requirements into well-documented requirements suitable for product development.
- Contributing to and creating corporate procedures that are related to requirement management and system engineering.
- Participating in defining best practices for all system and requirements engineering issues.
- Lead requirement optimization initiatives internally and across platforms.
- Participate in audits with focus on requirement traceability.
- Generate compliance documentation.
Competencies (Knowledge and Skills needed for this position.)
- Ability to development and document complex products and systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures in engineering and product development
- Demonstrate ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Ability to communicate across departments
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine requirements for the team
- Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent, preferred.
- Strong technical understanding of requirements methodologies, tools and best practices
- 5+ years software engineering, product development or related experience
- 3+ years’ experience in project delivery role
- Experience in agile development, preferable SAFe
- Medical device experience preferred
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements and business processes in the medical device industry – or any other regulated industry
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.