TransferMate Global Payments is one of the world's fastest-growing FinTech companies and is transforming the way businesses pay and get paid across international borders. We are a Globally Regulated, B2B Payments technology company, working with banks, companies and strategic partners, such as Wells Fargo, AIB and ING.
As TransferMate continues to grow rapidly, our people and teams are too! We are currently looking for a Data Warehouse DBA.
What you will be doing:
- Contribute to the team’s data engineering and architecture best practice polices
- Understand business goals, strategy and work with the senior architects to implement those into an appropriate technical solution while following best practices.
- Architect and design a data warehouse solution with the support of the Software and AWS architect, lead by example and best practices.
- Lead from the front with database mappings and transformations to the data warehouse.
- Be a leader in database best practices, optimisations, indexing, performance in a hybrid environment. You will be working closely with the database architect to implement these items. With the focus on AWS cloud.
- Contribute to architects in establishing and implementing a vision, road map, setting timelines for tasks and governance to ensure best practices and security to deliver a closed secure system.
- Performance tuning and optimisation at ETL services, database, application PL/SQL.
- Ensure that best data architecture principles and standards are integrated and followed for modelling, stored procedures, regulations, and security, among other concepts, to meet technical and business goals.
- Continuously improve the quality, consistency, accessibility, and security of data activity across company needs.
- Work with architects to make an impact in the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions. (database-per-service approach).
- Experience in handling the delivery of data and information relating to the business intelligence
- Design, develop and maintain data warehouse and analytics architecture to meet an enterprise's business analysis and reporting needs.
- Working knowledge of Database/Data Warehouse functionality leveraging AWS
- Experience in complete data modelling and data solution designs
- Experience with data modelling and data warehousing
- Experience with Redshift and Power-BI or other reporting tools
- Hands-On experience with managing and implementing databases.
- 2+ years of overall experience in AWS databases, to include a minimum of 5 years of key data warehouse and database administration exposure and delivery of best practices.
- Experienced working with AWS Redshift and transformation tooling related to ETL.
- Familiar working with many database engines, with the focus on the latest technology – AWS Aurora, Serverless, MariaDB, Postgres and DynamoDB
- Tuning databases for performance, size, application, indexing.
- Experience in database security
- Working on a database per service model approach from a legacy monolithic model.
- Experience in migrating large databases to new and improved designed systems.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features.
- Review and clean up DDL structures across all databases, optimise queries and query plans.
- Data Warehouse Design
- Data Warehouse ETL
- Troubleshooting warehouse issue and mapping of objects
- Support Database schema design
- Support Database performance and optimization
- Support Database migrations
- Overseeing Serverless databases Aurora, MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, MariaDB to name the main ones.
- Database security, Schema security, Masking, Scripting, Data Warehouse support, ERD, ETL tooling
- Multiple highly available database environment
- Experience in mapping complex data models
- Flexible, team player, get it done personality.
- Enable self-serve across the business through use of reporting and insight tools e.g. PowerBI
- Experience with serverless architecture and serverless AWS database solutions (Aurora, DynamoDB, Redshift).
- Familiar with AWS technologies and code pipeline updates to a database.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Deep knowledge in Relational Databases (PostgreSQL preferable), Aurora, NoSQL and Data Warehouses.
In our organisation, you will join enthusiastic and energetic colleagues who are ambitious, helpful and welcoming. You will also join a collection of award-winning companies which take career progression and corporate responsibility extremely seriously, all within a positive and friendly workplace culture.
Company Paid Trainings & Learning Accounts Remote Working Option & Flexible Working Shifts Additional Health Insurance including dental and vision care Life Insurance Food Vouchers for Christmas & Easter Discounted Multisport Cards Free Sports: Football, Tennis, Volleyball Refer a Friend Bonus Team Buildings & Parties Discounts across various stores, theaters, restaurants GroupLife – corporate wellness program Mobile Plan with Free Calls & Internet after your first year in the company Volunteer Day Employee Assistance Program Milestone Recognition Program #OneTeam Awards & Annual Employee of the Year Awards
Are you ready to take the next step in your career with an award-winning company? We will shortly be holding interviews for the role so apply today!
When applying for the position, you voluntarily submit your personal data and we will process it for the following purposes: selection of candidates for this position; selection of candidates for future positions occurring within the next 6 months, unless you explicitly state your disagreement; connecting with candidates in connection with the objectives of labor market selection and research; signing an employment or other type of contract. Personal data provided for these purposes will be retained for up to 6 months. You have the right to request the deletion, correction or blocking of personal data if the processing does not meet the requirements of the current legislation or exceeds the stated objectives.