TransferMate Global Payments is one of the world's fastest-growing FinTech companies and is transforming the way businesses pay and get paid across international borders. We are a Globally Regulated, B2B Payments technology company, working with banks, companies and strategic partners, such as Wells Fargo, AIB and ING.
As TransferMate continues to grow rapidly, our people and teams are too! We are currently looking for a Database Architect.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure that best data architecture principles and standards are integrated and followed for modelling, stored procedures, regulations, and security, among other concepts, to meet technical and business goals.
- Work closely with teams to collect and translate information requirements into data to develop data-centric solutions.
- Working closely with Software and AWS architects to ensure future business visions are met.
- Continuously improve the quality, consistency, accessibility, and security of data activity across company needs.
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions. (database-per-service approach).
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Review and clean up DDL structures across all databases, optimize queries and query plans.
- Get alignment around future vision and own roadmap to drive progress towards vision with agreed targets
- Develop database development standards (how applications interact with databases).
- Oversee, approve, and govern SQL and PL/SQL code before developers deploy it.
- Create and keep ERD up to date.
- Database schema design, Database performance and optimization, Database migration, Serverless, PostgreSQL, AWS, Security, Warehouse, ERD, ETL tooling
- Multiple highly available database environment
- Experience in mapping complex data models
- Flexible, team player, get it done personality.
- Enable self-serve across the business through the use of reporting and insight tools e.g. PowerBI
- Experience with serverless architecture and serverless AWS database solutions (Aurora, DynamoDB, Redshift).
- Familiar with AWS technologies and code pipeline updates to a database.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Deep knowledge in Relational Databases (PostgreSQL preferable), NoSQL and Data Warehouses.
What we Offer:
In our organisation, you will join enthusiastic and energetic colleagues who are ambitious, helpful and welcoming. You will also join a collection of award-winning companies which take career progression and corporate responsibility extremely seriously, all within a positive and friendly workplace culture.
- Competitive pay
- Work flexibility
Additionally, we provide
- An excellent benefits package includes a company pension scheme, Laya healthcare cover and life insurance.
- We appreciate that our company growth and employee recognition go hand in hand, and we have multiple recognition programs in place including our Milestone Recognition Program, our Bright Ideas Program and our Employee All-Star Awards.
- Recognised within the top 10 best workplaces in Ireland by Great Place to Work® , you will join an organisation that values and promotes a healthy mind, body and work-life balance through our renowned employee wellbeing program; GroupLife.
- Additional perks include a flexible working schedule
Are you ready to take the next step in your career with an award winning company? We will shortly be holding interviews for the role so apply today!