TransferMate Global Payments is a Globally Regulated, B2B Payments technology, which greatly improves the international payments process for banks, companies and both our software and strategic partners, such as Wells Fargo, AIB and ING.
TransferMate is seeking a Regional Head of EU/UK Compliance whom will report to the Global Chief Risk & Compliance Officer, as well as to the Board of the assigned legal entities. The role is the delegated Money Laundering Reporting Officer and is responsible for ensuring that TransferMate’s complies with all applicable rules and regulations where it operates in Europe, United Kingdom and Switzerland. This position is focused on compliance advisory and is responsible for oversight of TransferMate’s regional Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing (“AML/CTF”) framework, and other applicable supervisory expectations as it relates to regulatory reporting, treating customers fairly and governance arrangements. The position is a senior member of the compliance team and plays a key role across the global business in a compliance advisory capacity. Currently, there are two direct reports, and the position is located in Ireland.
Ideally, you will have experience in developing and administering internal controls and processes to comply with the Payment Services Directive and AML/CTF requirements. Working collaboratively is essentially to the success of this role, and you will interact with a broad range of business functions, in a multicultural and matrixed environment.
Ideally, you should have direct experience interacting with law enforcement and regulators, preferably in a multi-jurisdictional environment and be a confident professional presenter with experience of presenting and reporting at Board and to other third parties which may include Auditors, Investors, Clients and Business Partners.
Your day will be varied, will be challenging yet rewarding, and your success will be driven by the ability to prioritize matters in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide strategic insights, guidance, and decisions on compliance matters to protect our company, products, and our customers
- Develop policy and operational procedures reflecting business and regulatory requirements, working closely with other central compliance teams
- Evaluate our processes to identify compliance risks and implement actions to address them
- Set and accomplish strategic, tactical and operational goals according to timelines and budget
- Oversee the daily operations of the Regional Compliance teams including hiring, training and managing staff and managing escalations
- Represent the voice of compliance with essential internal partners including senior and executive managers along with board of directors
- Supporting a culture by placing emphasis on growth, strategy and the risk-based approach
- Overseeing and management of escalations from central compliance teams, and if needed reporting of sanctions matches, and suspicious transactions to regulators and law enforcement
- Maintaining and developing the risk-based approach to AML and CTF arrangements - carrying out regular assessments of the adequacy of systems and controls to ensure that risks are managed and these are reflected in central compliance processes
- Closely monitoring regulatory environment developments, Dear CEO letters and conducting analysis as needed, working closely with central compliance teams
- Reporting to the Board and Chief Compliance Officer on a regular basis detailing the operation and effectiveness of the systems and controls used to combat money laundering and terrorist financing
- Arrange and assist with regulatory visits and internal / external audit work
- Develop and approve training content and provide appropriate training sessions to staff and the Board on compliance topics and trends
- Preferred experience of PSD, PSD2,EMI regulations with an emphasis in Passporting, Financial Crime, AML/CTF Laws, and corporate regulations in financial services
- In depth knowledge of the Criminal Justice Act (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing), the EU Money Laundering Directives and the Payment Services Regulations. Knowledge of the regulation in other countries is useful.
- Proven experience in a senior compliance management role including management of staff on a remote basis
- Experience working with products from a conceptual idea
- Tactical experience on how to manage independent audits and regulatory examinations
- Knowledge on how to navigate the payments and financial technology space
- A clear approach to build road maps across and lead the strategic direction for the team
- A clear management philosophy to grow an organization in a fast-growing business
- Previous experience as an MLRO
- Exposure to other areas of risk management and/or compliance other than AML/CTF
- A self-driven, detail-oriented, resourceful problem solver and adept at time
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package which includes a company pension scheme and Laya healthcare cover
We appreciate that our company growth and employee recognition go hand in hand, and we have multiple recognition programs in place including our Milestone Recognition Program, our Bright Ideas Program and our Employee All-Star Awards.
Recognised as one of Ireland's best workplaces in Ireland by Great Place to Work® , you will join an organisation that values and promotes a healthy mind, body and work-life balance.