Our client who are one of Ireland’s Leading Engineering Consultancy’s are currently looking to recruit experienced candidates to work in and lead teams in the collection of field data and in the preparation of the Biodiversity/Flora & Fauna sections of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs), Ecological Impact Assessment reports and Habitats Directive Appropriate Assessment reporting.
Locations in Galway | Dublin | Castlebar
- The candidate must work as a team member with the existing Ecology team on ecological and environmental aspects of diverse projects including national infrastructure, renewable energy and private commercial projects.
- The ideal candidate must be able to work well with and lead teams in collecting field data and preparing Ecological Impact Assessment reports, Habitats Directive Appropriate Assessment and Biodiversity/Flora and Fauna sections of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports.
- The successful candidates will also be required to demonstrate project experience in the design and implementation of ecological surveys including bird, habitat and protected species surveys, as well as analysis of data and completion of impact assessments. Further project experience across ecological disciplines will also be required.
- The role will require the provision of ecological input into desktop studies, scoping studies, site selection, site surveys, Ecological impact Assessments, Appropriate Assessment Reports and overseeing the implementation of construction mitigation measures.
- The role will also require project management tasks including producing fee proposals, financial management, and tendering for work.
- Relevant degree (Hons.) relating to Ecology / Environmental biology, additional qualifications preferred.
- A proven ecological track record.
- Proven ecological field skills.
- Experience drafting EIAR chapters, AA Screening and NIS Reports is required.
- Experience in GIS systems (e.g. ArcView, desirable but not essential as TOBIN has specialist GIS services in-house).
- CIEEM membership preferred (or an ambition to become a member of CIEEM).
- Experience of co-ordinating ecological impact assessments and project management whilst liaising with clients and stakeholders.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Must be physically fit and be willing and able to undertake fieldwork as required.
- Full driving licence.
- Competitive Salary.
- Excellent package for the right candidate.
- Opportunity to grow and develop your career.